Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have announced the enhancements coming for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X. There will be three visual modes to chose from mixing up texture and overall resolution and general effect quality settings.
Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics are planning some enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Xbox One X edition. The enhancements will include "premiere graphics and other technical enhancements" and, of course, show off the "full power of Xbox One X".
Even though the trailer puts the words such as "enhanced" and "increased" right next to Lara's lady bits, those were not explicitly mentioned in the press release. Instead, get ready for some intense foliage action as those ancient temples deserve to be reclaimed by nature in the highest of definitions.
Here's the deal: Xbox One X players will be able to choose from one of three visual modes, including:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) "for highest fidelity resolution"
- Enriched Visuals "for stunning graphic upgrades"
- High Frame Rate "for the smoothest possible gameplay"
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support "for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology"
- Spatial audio support, "including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio"
- Enhanced texture resolution "for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X"
- Improved anti-aliasing "for immersive realistic details"
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
The video is right up there. These enhancements will be available when the console launches on 07 November. If you already own a copy for Xbox One, good for you, and also you'll be able to download the features for free on Xbox One X.
Rise of the Tomb Raider, was released for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on 09 November, 2015. The PC version dropped on 28 January, 2016. PlayStation 4 owners got to purchase the game on 11 October, 2016 under the name Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.