Today, a new Elden Ring leak emerged and by to looks of it, it's the first one that could actually be legit. It reveals new details about the characters, combat and the open world.
As we reported earlier today, a new Elden Ring concept art has been leaked by a Chinese Dark Souls content creator, who also revealed additional details about FromSoftware's upcoming action RPG Elden Ring.
The video, which he posted online has been quickly removed but not before the internet made a copy of the most interesting bits. Keep in mind that most of the details are more or less what we have heard before with some new bits. Without further ado, let's dive into it:
- The game world is based on the world tree from Norse mythology (Yggdrasil), and also references some elements from Celtic mythology.
- The gameplay is similar to Dark Souls as has been reported before by various sources, but the map is much larger.
- New features are dynamic weather and day/night alternation. Imagine you fight with a wandering boss from day to night, he said, and the weather changes from sunny to thunderous.
- The guy with a lot of hands at the beginning of the 2019 trailer is probably an NPC.
- That crestfallen dude will appear again.
- There will be a black clothed female NPC taking the role of the fire keeper as is the tradition in Soulsborne games.
- Patches may not appear, or not appear in human form (think of the spider in Bloodborne).
- There are characters like Gael and the Xanthous king.
- The game development stage has been completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the polishing stage.
- The game will be released in 2021, he's pretty sure (though of course not officially confirmed
As always with leaks and rumours, we suggest you don't take this as gospel since it's not coming from the official FromSoftware channels. Some of the stuff that is listed here certainly makes a lot of sense but before it's all confirmed by the devs, keep you hype levels at a minimum.