League of Legends gameplay designer has revealed the upcoming changes to Sona. This forgotten support is one of the weakest characters in the game right now.
- New Passive: Accelerando - Sona's basic abilities will grant her permanent Accelerando stacks. She gains 0.5 non-ultimate Ability Haste up to 60. Once she reaches 60 stacks, instead of gaining additional Accelerando, she will reduce her ultimate cooldown by 1.5 seconds.
- Hymn of Valor (Q): Mana cost will go down from 75-95 to 50-70; Grands a stack of Accelerando for each bolt that hits an enemy champion.
- Aria of Perseverance (W) - Mana cost will go down from 105-125 to 80-100; Grants a stack of Accelerando each time you heal another ally or prevent at least 25-125 damage from ally with shields while they are shielded by Aria.
- Song of Celerity (E): Mana cost will go down from 90 to 65; This ability will not grant Accelerando.
- Crescendo (R) - Basic Ability cooldown reduction will get removed; Sona will be able to target champions, minions and monsters.
Even though she holds a steady 52 per cent win rate, she's rarely picked or banned. If you're not a Sona main you will probably opt for some other champions like Seraphine who's considered a much stronger Sona due to their similarities.
Patch 11.15 will last three instead of two weeks which means that patch 11.16 will hit the live servers probably around August 12.