One of the Riot Games designers has revealed the upcoming changes for League of Legends champion - Irelia. The changes will heavily impact her current state in the game and shift her power from early to late game.
Irelia has been one of the most controversial champions since her release, hence the popular "better nerf Irelia" meme. Her rework a couple of seasons ago has made her one of the most difficult champions to master in the game.
She seems to have the same balance problem as Azir. While great players managing to abuse her full potential, low elo grinders struggle to find their footing with her.
One of the game's developers called RiotPhlox has revealed some big changes targeting her whole kit.
- Base Stats:
- HP will go down from 580 to 520
- Magic Resist will go down from 32 to 28
- HP per level will go up from 95 to 110
- Ionian Fervor (passive)
- Max Passive stacks will get reduced from 5 to 4
- Attack Speed per stack will get changed from 8/12/16 to 7.5/13.75/20 per cent based on level
- Damage will get changed from 15-66 (+25 per cent of bonus AD) to 10-61 (+30 per cent of bonus AD)
- Bladesurge (Q)
- Dash Speed will get significantly reduced
- Damage to minions will go down from 55-135 to 55 + 12 per level
- Defiant Dance (W)
- Max. damage will get changed from 20-140 (+1. 0AD; +0.8AP) to 30-290 (+1.5AD; +1.2AP)
- Flawless Duet (E)
- Missile travel time will get affected by distance
- Cannot be cast during Bladesurge (Q)
- Cannot be recast while under Crowd Control (CC)
- Vanguard's Edge (R)
- New passive - Decrease Bladesurgr (Q) cooldown by 0.5-2.5 seconds. This effect will apply before Haste.
It seems as though Riot's main goal with these changes is to shift her abusive early game power to the later stages of the game. Her current win potential lies in smashing your lane opponent, otherwise, you will most likely get outscaled.