GTA Online's next DLC will see the players do battle on the ground, sea and sky, with the last one having some new digs in store.
GTA Online players have been asking for a new fighter jet for a long while now and the Mercenaries DLC, due on June 13, 2023, will bring around just that.
The plane's actual name is not official yet but it is obvious it was based on the F-35 Lightning II, which is one of the most sought-after combat aircraft in the world since it can serve multiple roles with tremendous efficiency.
The real-life counterpart is also capable of carrying nuclear warheads but it's unlikely Rockstar Games will introduce something along those lines to GTAO.
While the plane is the star of the show, the SMG family of weapons will also see a new addition - Tactical SMG. The announcement post noted players will be able to fire this one from the cars so it is probably a one-handed weapon, although the exact details are still unknown.
On top of that, there are several quality of life improvements that were added as the direct result of player feedback, such as:
- Calling Mors Mutual Insurance allows claiming all destroyed vehicles at once
- An alternate sprint control option (hold to sprint) will be added to the Settings Menu.
- Custom description tags for garages
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will become eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries
- Updates to the Creator to incorporate additional props and weather options, including snow
As for the story of the DLC, Reed will get a bigger role this time around. He is the guy that took care of our hangars and aircraft in them as well as the one we could use as crew in the Diamond Casino heist.
Street Fighter 6 crushes Steam Charts fighting games record
Destiny 2: Xur location this week (June 2, 2023)
Daymare 1994 demo video features Resident Evil's Leon voice actor
Guild Wars 2 Twitch Drops get a rerun with another bag slot
Ubisoft Forward 2023 date, featured games and other details announced