According to info leaked by the PlayStation Store web’s source code, there are new interesting details about the PS5's Boost Mode, Adaptive triggers, and more importantly, the Console Sharing system.
So, according to a Reddit user, it looks like PS5 owners will be able to share their games just like they did previously on PS4, with one console set as primary, giving all other accounts on it to play their games.
- "If the "Console Sharing and Offline Play" setting is enabled for your PS5, players aged 18+ who aren’t PS Now subscribers will be able to play PS Now games from the game’s shortcut icon (displayed on the PS5 home screen) as well as in the PS Now app."
Ignoring the specific PS Now bit, this suggests that PS5 will bring forward PS4's "Primary" account model in some form, where a PSN account can be designated "primary" and other users can access it's purchases and subscription content from the same console.
It seems like the term from PS4 "Primary" is being renamed to "Main" on PS5, as the Demon's Souls product page states:
- "You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account."
- "Playing PS4 games on PS5, some functionalities available on PS4 may not be available. See www.playstation.com/ps5-backwards-compatibility for more details." (dead link, currently)
- "This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game"
- "This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game."
As we can tell from the text above, not all PS4 games will be supported, as suggested a few months back.
PS5 Boost Mode:
- "PS5 boost mode enabled".
We already know the boost mode is coming to the PS5, and now we see that Sony have decided to stick to the old name from PS4.