A bunch of new details about Avowed have been leaked recent, revealing that the game has a vibrant tone with diverse flora, destructible environments and a big focus on spell animations.
Obsidian are currently working on several projects and one of them is Avowed, the studios next big RPG, which they describe as a game they always wanted to make. Not a lot has been said about Avowed since the official CGI trailer was released back in 2019. We know that the game is set in the Pillars universe and will be a first-person RPG similar to Skyrim.
However, today we have some juicy details about Avowed, courtesy of Jez Corden and Windows Central . Corden claims that he has seen some footage of Avowed's early build which he describes as Skyrim meets The Outer Worlds.
Here are some of the key details from the report.
- Currently moving through pre-production towards a playable alpha state
- Using the enhanced engine from The Outer Worlds (UE 4)
- Will feature multiple class systems with two-handed combat
- You can use a combination of magic and sword
- Complex hand gestures for spells (like in the CGI trailer)
- The combat seems to be more loadout-based
- It's much more vibrant than Skyrim with luminescent cave mushrooms, gigantic flora, caves and tombs with skeletons
- Swimming included
- Destructible environment allowing you to burn down blocked entryways
Xbox insider Klobrille also added a couple of details of his own, corroborating the Windows Central report.
"I've seen pre-alpha gameplay of Avowed as well, so I can back-up Jez here. It looks fantastic already. It heavily reminds me of a more vibrant Skyrim, with a beautiful fantasy landscape," he wrote.
What's even more exciting about Avowed is the fact that the team put a large focus on spell animations. Klobrille states that the spell from the CGI trailer is looking exactly the same in the game.
It looks like the attention to detail in Avowed is on the next level. We can't wait to see and hear more about this Xbox exclusive.