Respawn have released detailed notes on Apex Legends' Season 7: Ascension, and as we've come to expect, the changes are far deeper than just throwing in a map, legend and vehicle, and calling it a day.
Season 7: Ascension kicks off on November 4, at 8:00pm PT, but players may need a day or two to get used to all the changes. There are quite a few, so let's dive in.
Olympus / Olympus Preview LTM
For starters, the long-rumoured Olympus is finally here, and you better get used to it. Namely, the abandoned city floating above Psamathe will be the only playable map for two weeks, after which it will be replaced with a playlist containing Olympus and World's Edge, whereas Kings Canyon is being retired for the time being.
There's no shortage of interesting landmarks on Olympus, from rotating agricultural towers, to stylish restaurants. At its heart is the Phase Runner, a tunnel that lets Apex Legends players cross the centre of Olympus in seconds.
Thankfully, Respawn threw in the Olympus Preview LTM, which lets you team up with 30 legends in order to explore and get familiar with the map without getting shot. It only lasts for a week though, so use your time wisely.
Hand in hand with Olympus comes Horizon, the legend whose backstory is closely tied to the now-abandoned floating utopia. Her abilities are as follows:
- Passive: Spacewalk - Increase air control and reduce fall impacts with Horizon’s custom spacesuit.
- Tactical: Gravity Lift - Reverse the flow of gravity, lifting players upward and boosting them outward when they exit.
- Ultimate: Black Hole - Deploy NEWT to create a micro black hole that sucks in nearby Legends.
Apex Legends' first vehicle - the Trident
Olympus' size makes the Trident a welcome addition, one that can speed up early rotations. It can house a whole squad, where the drawback of being grouped must be mitigated by utilising the terrain and speed.
Now, the Trident is indestructible, but any damage it takes is evenly among players onboard. Moreover, it interacts with different legend abilities "in many different ways".
Meta Changes / Evo Armor and Ring Damage
In order to cut back on the number of players sporting Red Evo Amor in the endgame, Apex Legends dev made the following changes:
- Level 0 -> 1 : 100 damage (from 50)
- Level 1 -> 2 : 150 damage (from 125)
- Level 2 -> 3 : 300 damage (from 250)
- Level 3 -> 4 : 750 damage (from 500)
Eternal procrastinators will get a slight break from the Ring, whose damage per ring and tick has been reduced to the following:
- Ring 1: 2% per tick (same)
- Ring 2: 3% per tick (from 5%)
- Particularly this change should allow players enough time to pop a syringe if they are picked up in Ring 2.
- Ring 3: 5% per tick (from 10%)
- Ring 4: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 5: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 6: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Ring 7: 15% per tick (from 25%)