Respawn Entertainment have officially revealed Fight or Fright Halloween event for their battle royale Apex Legends. The event is set to start on 15 October 2019.
As rumoured earlier, Apex Legends is getting a special event to celebrate Halloween. Named, Fight or Fright Collection Event, it's a limited-time event that will run from 15 October to 05 November 2019. Judging by the announcement, the haunting event is packed with fresh content and it brings Kings Canyon map at night, exclusive event challenges where players can earn free loot, special Halloween-themed cosmetics and more spooky stuff.
Shadowfall is the name of the new version of Kings Canyon map. At the start of the match, 34 players will drop into the arena but there's an interesting twist. Once you die you will respawn as an undead version of your Legend and join the powerful “Shadow Squad”.
Shadow Squad members lose the ability to use weapons and legend abilities but in return, they will be given increased movement and jump speed, along with a brutal melee attack. You’ll also have the ability to scale walls and be given unlimited respawns via skydive. The match will last until there are only ten living Legends left, who must then evacuate while Shadow Squad attempts to stop them.
The Fight or Fright Collection Event also brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends. These include two legendary weapons skins, badges and music packs. All these cosmetics will be available from day one via direct purchase, crafting and Event Apex Packs.
Lifeline will join the Heirloom-exclusive club with a brand new item that players can get by unlocking all 24 Fight or fright Collection Pack items during the event. The Heirloom set will also be available as a bonus in Apex Packs after the event ends.
Here's the breakdown of everything that is included in the Halloween event:
- Limited Time Mode Shadowfall - Featuring a nighttime version of Kings Canyon
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics that players can now unlock in one of three ways:
- Direct purchase for Apex Coins
- Direct unlock with Crafting Metals
- Random unlock with Event Apex Packs
- Lifeline Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Fight or Fright pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Lifeline Heirloom set for free
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend