Amazon Game Studios are going to introduce more server merges for New World soon in order to revitalise servers as the population keeps dwindling.
New World had an amazing start where the game couldn't keep up with all the players that surged in to play it. This led to the opening of numerous new servers but fast forward to the present, seven months after release, it is struggling to keep about three per cent of the concurrent players that were around at launch.
This led to a series of server merges over the months but some places are still deserted, which should be changed on Friday, April 15, 2022. When this day comes around, AGS will make the following changes:
- Asgard, Hades, Hellheim, Fae, and Caer Sidi will be merged into Abaton
- Styx, Antillia, Utgard, and Learad will be merged into AaruLyonesse will be merged into Nysa
- Bifrost, Niflheim, Bengodi, and Kor will be merged into Tir Na Nog
- Arcturus will be merged into Tartarus
- US East
- Yaxche, Krocylea, Frislandia, Calnogor, and Pyrallis will be merged into Valhalla
- Eden will be merged into Maramma
- City of Brass will be merged into Castle of Steel
- Olympus will be merged into Orun
- Oceana, Ys, Zuvendis, and Pleroma will be merged into Orofena
- US West
- Midian, Rivadeneyra, Diranda, and Neno Kuni will be merged into Yggdrasil
- Lerna will be merged into Utopia
- Lagado will be merged into Delos
This should temporarily offset the shedding of players but with the slowed-down content release schedule, we suspect more merging will be necessary in the not so far future.