Bungie's Destiny 2 is now free to play and it also introduced another major expansion named Shadowkeep. If you want to try it out, here's everything you'll get for free in New Light and Shadowkeep expansion.
If Destiny 2 is looking like your cup of tea now that it's free, but the size of the game may be the issue that is putting you off at the moment, worry not, as we're going to list all the things that you're getting with New Light and Shadowkeep
What content do I get for free in Destiny 2 and what is Destiny 2: New Light?
Destiny 2 New Light is the new free-to-play version of the game which means that all the content that launched with the game is free with a couple of extra offering from expansions. Here's the breakdown.
Year One story content
- Base Destiny 2 campaign
- The Red War
- Curse of Osiris
Patrol Spaces Access
- Dreaming City from Forsaken
- Moon from Shadowkeep
Year One Exotics, Nightfall Strikes and Raids
- Eater of Worlds
- Spire of Stars
Year Two Exotics
- Outbreak Perfected
- Bad Juju
Year Two activities
- Gambit Prime
- Black Armory
- The Menagerie
- The Reckoning
Year Three content
- Shadowkeep's opening mission
- The new Moon patrol space
- Two new Strikes and three Crucible maps from Shadowkeep
- Crucible content - maps, events, modes
- Armour 2.0 and Finisher systems
- Seasonal Event (Halloween, Christmas)
- Season Pass rewards - Seasonal Artifact and free tier rewards
What extra content do I get with the Shadowkeep expansion?
If the New Light content is still not enough for you, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep costs €34,99/$34.99/£29,00 and if you decide to purchase it, you'll get another batch of fresh additions. Here's everything that's included in the new expansion.
- Shadowkeep campaign
- New Raid, New Dungeon
- Xenophase exotic quest
- Co-op boss encounters Nightmare Hunts
- Vex Offensive activity (battle pass only)
- Leviathan's Breath exotic quest (battle pass only)
- Season of the Undying battle pass rewards
So there you have it, folks. Destiny 2 is certainly one of the games you want to try if shooters are your thing. It brings a ton of content, even if you don't want to spend extra money on Shadowkeep. Dive into it, have fun and happy grinding!