Are you not getting the best experience in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds , even with the highest settings? Fear not, for we have made a guide that will maximise your performance in the world of PUBG. These changes will give you a high framerate and maximum visibility.
First off, we are going to show you the best settings you can change in the game. Secondly, we are going to show you some advanced ways that will get you better performance but involve messing with the config file. So let's begin!
- Turn up "Brightness" to your preference to see enough in dark corners
- Change "Anti-Aliasing" to "Very Low"
- Change "Shadow Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Post-Processing Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Effects Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Foliage" to "Very Low"
- Disable "Motion Blur"
And that’s it, higher framerate and more enemies to see in the distance whilst you pray you had a 4-times scope. Now let’s do advanced.
- Right click on the game in Steam
- Click on 'Properties'
- Click on 'Set launch options'
- Add -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4 to the text box
"-sm4" changes shaders from dx11 to dx10, which removes some distractive reflections and marks on the screen.
"-malloc=system" forces windows to handle the memory allocation.
These next settings only improve visibility and might cost a few FPS, only use them if you want the clearest image possible.
- Open C:\Users\PC NAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
- Open the "GameUserSettings" file in the "WindowsNoEditor" folder.
- Change value from "sg.ResolutionQuality" to "sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000”
- Change value from "sg.ViewDistanceQuality" to "sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3"
- Change value from "ScreenScale" to "ScreenScale=120.000000"
- Make the file "read-only"
This will have cost you 10-12FPS, but you will be able to see in further distance.
Check out our video to see how the game looks after applying these settings.