Mass Effect Legendary Edition is going strong but it's got a few major glitches such as the Spectre Gear not appearing on vendors. Here is how to fix it.
Legendary Edition of Mass Effect came with an extremely annoying bug. In normal circumstances, Spectres would get special stock from C-Sec Requisitions Officer and Normandy but with LE, these will disappear after a while. In order to get these weapons back in stock, you will need a save that was made before the Council made you a Spectre or do a new run up until that point.
The fastest route from a new game to Spectre status is as follows:
- Create a new character (career)
- Complete Eden Prime
- Go to Joker
- Rush to the Council meeting
- Use Citadel Rapid Transit (CRT) to go to Chora's Den and talk to Harkin
- CRT to Med Clinic to help and recruit Garrus
- CRT to Chora's Den, clean it out and deal with Fist
- Rush to Alleyway, save Tali, the cutscene will teleport you to Udina's office
- CRT to Council Tower
- Hard Save here, not a quick save
- Meet the Council again
- Go to C-Sec Requisitions Officer and open the stock to see Spectre gear (HMW assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle and pistol)
- Load your primary career and interact with C-Sec Requisitions officer or Alliance Requisitions Officer on Normandy
You will have access to the rare stock for a while so make sure you grab all you need immediately before it disappears again. If you want another vendor refresh after it happens, you can repeat steps 11 through 13 thanks to the hard save.