Today's wipe started rough, from long waiting times to overloaded servers and players experiencing low FPS across the board.
The first week of a wipe is usually troubled with many technical issues, and this wipe is no different. Patch 12.12.30 brings a lot to the table, but to enjoy it, players will have to wait at least a week or two until all the technical issues are resolved.
Among the reported issues is the Woods car extract not working, Traders missing items (but they can be accessed through the Flea market interface) and loading in with a group causes sporadic spawns or raid load failure.
But the most troubling issue, for now, is extremely limited FPS, ranging from 3 to 20 FPS in most cases. Players who own AMD have been affected the most, but the problem has been reported by several NVIDIA users as well. The problem probably occurred with the implementation of FSR (AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution), which premiered today.
How to fix low FPS
Battlestate Games were quick to diagnose the issue and offered a possible solution for low FPS happening to AMD users. The steps are following:
- Start by checking if your monitor is connected to the correct card instead of an integrated one.
- Close all running programs with Task Manager
- Install Display Driver Uninstaller.
- Launch Display Driver Uninstaller
- In the Options window, clear all the checkboxes except those in the "Nvidia Specific Options" section.
- Make sure that all checkboxes under Nvidia Specific Options are checked except Remove PhysX.
- Close the options windows.
- In the main program window choose "GPU" in the "Select device type" line.
- In the line "Select device" select "Nvidia".
- Press the "Clean and restart" button.
- Wait until the program finishes. The program will automatically restart your computer upon completion.
This solution should increase the game's FPS according to Battlestate Games, who are continuing to patch the game up as we speak, so players are asked for patience until the issues are resolved.