The last group of Gunsmith quests will require leveling up Traders up to level 4, or having a deep pocket to pay for parts on a Flea market, especially this early in a wipe.
One of the new additions with patch 12.12 was removing the highest-tier loot from the Flea market, meaning not everyone with a little bit of money can get top-tier armor and gun parts as soon as they hit level 15.
The idea behind this was to bring the playing field closer together, so leveling up Traders is as important as ever, and this list will contain parts that can only be bought from Traders.
All the parts have been updated according to the latest requirements of patch 12.12.
In time, we might update the list to use cheaper parts and less frequent builds, but for now, here are the tested working builds to finish the remaining quests.
Gunsmith part 11 - AS VAL 9x39 suppressed assault rifle
Part 11 unlocks at level 20. The shopping list is the following:
- AS VAL 9x39 suppressed assault rifle - Prapor LL4
- NSPU-M night vision scope - Prapor LL1
- 9x39 SR3M.130 30-round magazine - Prapor LL4
- VSS/VAL Zenit B-3 ring mount - Skier LL3
- FAB Defense GL-SHOCK buttstock - Skier LL4
- AN/PEQ-15 tactical device - Peacekeeper LL3 / Skier LL4
- AS VAL Rotor 43 pistol grip & buffer tube - Mechanic LL2
Take out the default stock and the pistol grip, replace the magazines, and put everything you got on, and the gun is ready for turning in.
Among the quest rewards is the KIBA Arms International outlet inner grate door key, which can be sold at a solid price in an early wipe.
Later, once most players pass level 20, the price drops significantly.
Gunsmith part 12 - AK-102 5.56x45 assault rifle
Part 12 unlocks at level 23 and has changed immensely with the latest update.
New parts required for the build are following:
- AK-102 5.56x45 assault rifle - Mechanic LL3
- Rotor 43 5.56x45 muzzle brake - Mechanic LL3
- Zenit Klesch-2U tactical flashlight - Mechanic LL3
- AK 5.45 Design Aggressor handguard - Mechanic LL4
- Magpul AFG grip - Skier/Peacekeeper/Mechanic LL3
- AK AKademia Bastion dust cover - Skier LL1
- AK CSS knurled charging handle - Skier LL2
- NcSTAR ADO P4 Sniper 3-9x42 riflescope - Jaeger LL4
Fold the stock on the gun, remove the handguard, dust cover, and muzzle brake. Put all the new parts in, replace the magazines, and you are done.
Finishing this task unlocks the purchases of Magpul AFG grip and AR-15 Hera Arms HG-15 pistol grip from Traders, and you get a Remington Model 870 12ga shotgun as well, which is a pretty handy gun for close encounters. A lot of players run Factory with it.
Gunsmith part 13 - SIG MPX 9x19 submachine gun
Part 13 unlocks at level 25.
- SIG MPX 9x19 submachine gun - Peacekeeper LL2
- TangoDown Stubby BGV-MK46K tactical grip - Skier / Peacekeeper LL2
- Steiner LAS/TAC 2 tactical flashlight - Mechanic LL3
- AR-15 Tactical Dynamics Skeletonized pistol grip - Mechanic LL3
- AR-15 Yankee Hill Annihilator multi-caliber flash hider - Mechanic LL3
Remove the muzzle brake and pistol grip, and put new parts in. The rewards are somewhat underwhelming for this part, but gaining 18k XP is still nice.
MPX can be modded decently and somewhat cheaply and is not a bad gun to use for medium levels as you can get the gun as soon as you reach Peacekeeper level 2.
MPX can be modded as a M.E.T.A. build as well but it has a major downside, the bullets. The only bullet type that can penetrate all armor levels is 9x19mm AP 6.3, which is at least 1000k rubles per bullet.
Because of that, if we're speaking in M.E.T.A. terms, a lot of people rather use RPK or AK instead.
Gunsmith part 14 - AKMN 7.62x39 assault rifle
Part 14 unlocks at level 27. Note that for this Gunsmith quest, the color of the parts matters, so where you have options of choosing a color - you have to get the black one.
Keep that in mind as it's easy to miss. Parts needed:
- AKMN 7.62x39 assault rifle - Prapor / Mechanic LL3
- Magpul M-LOK AFG tactical foregrip (Black) - Skier / Peacekeeper LL3
- AK Magpul MOE AKM handguard (Black) - Skier LL3
- AK Magpul MOE pistol grip (Black) - Mechanic LL3
- Magpul MOE Carbine stock (Black) - Skier LL3
- Magpul MOE Carbine stock series Rubber Butt-Pad - Skier / Peacekeeper LL3
- Colt buffer tube - Peacekeeper / Skier LL2
- AK 7.62x39 Magpul PMAG 30 GEN M3 30-round magazine - Peacekeeper LL2
- AKM/AK-74 ME4 buffer tube adapter - Skier LL3
- Rotor 43 9x19 muzzle brake - Skier LL2
Same drill as usual, remove stock, pistol grip, and muzzle brake, and put everything else on, and don't forget to replace the magazines. And if you cannot turn in the gun, recheck if you got all the black parts necessary.
The reward for this quest is 100k rubles and EOTech Vudu 1-6x24 riflescope which is both a great scope and can be sold at a good price on a Flea market, especially early in the wipe.
Gunsmith part 15 - Springfield Armory M1A 7.62x51 carbine
Part 15 unlocks at level 29 and required you to mod one of the most used guns in the Tarkov community - the M1A. Parts you need are the following:
- Springfield Armory M1A 7.62x51 carbine - Peacekeeper LL3
- Aimpoint Micro Standard Mount - Peacekeeper LL1
- Aimpoint Micro T-1 reflex sight - Peacekeeper LL3
- AR-10 2A Armanent X3 7.62x51 compensator - Mechanic LL2
- M14 Ultimak M8 Forward Optic mount - Mechanic LL2
- M1A 7.62x51 22 inch barrel - Mechanic LL3
- M1A ProMag Archangel stock - Mechanic LL3
- IEA Mil-Optics 34mm one piece magmount - Jaeger LL3
- Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 riflescope - Jaeger LL4
- M14 UTG 4-Point Locking Deluxe mount - Mechanic LL3
- Holosun LS321 Tactical device - Skier LL3
Remove everything from the gun except the base. Put the barrel on first, and then the rest of the parts. The quest rewards you with M1A carbine, which you just modded for the quest.
Gunsmith part 16 - Colt M4A1 5.56x45 assault rifle
The last part on this list, and the last Gunsmith part altogether at the time of writing this guide, requires you to mod the Colt rifle that all players start the wipe with.
You need these parts:
- Colt M4A1 5.56x45 assault rifle - Peacekeeper LL2
- KAC QDC 5.56x45 flash suppressor kit - Peacekeeper LL2
- AR-15 5.56x45 260mm barrel - Peacekeeper LL3
- 5.56x45 Surefire MAG5-60 STANAG 60-round magazine - Peacekeeper LL3
- KAC QDSS NT-4 5.56x45 sound suppressor - Peacekeeper LL3
- AR-15 Vltor MUR-1S 5.56x45 upper receiver - Peacekeeper LL4
- Magpul RVG foregrip - Peacekeeper LL3
- UNV DLOC-IRD sight mount - Jaeger LL2
- Trijicon REAP-IR scope eyecup - Jaeger LL3
- FAB Defense GLR-16-S stock - Skier LL3
- Trijicon REAP-IR thermal scope - Skier LL4
- MK12 Low Profile Gas Block - Mechanic LL1
- AR-15 Alexander Arms MK10 handguard - Mechanic LL3
- AR-15 Radian Weapons Raptor charging handle - Mechanic LL3
- Alexander Arms 10 inch rail - Mechanic LL3
Strip the gun bare naked and throw every item you just bought on the gun. Be sure the magazine is empty, and turn in your last Gunsmith quest.
This completes the third and final article in the Gunsmith guide series.