Call of Duty: Vanguard has had a pretty solid launch without any major issues but still there are some annoying crashing issues with specific error codes on consoles and PC. Here's how to fix some of these on PlayStation.
If you play Call of Duty: Vanguard on PlayStation, there's a chance that you may have encountered one of the rare error codes when the game crashes. One of these error codes is CE-34878-0 or "an error has occurred with an application or system software" message
If these are bugging you, here are a couple of solutions that could work:
- Restart the game and console
- Make sure your PlayStation system software is up to date.
- Settings > System > System Sofware > Select Update System Software and follow the onscreen steps.
- Or set your PlayStation console to Download and Install updates automatically within the System Software Update and Settings menu.
- Make sure your PlayStation is in a well-ventilated place to maximise cooling efficiency.
- Delete old files and game data from your PlayStation .
If none of these work, we're afraid you will have to wait for Sledgehammer Games to release updates that can potentially fix your issues with the game crashing. Call of Duty games usually launch with some issues but hopefully, after a couple of updates, most of these will be ironed out in Vanguard.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is out now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.