Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally out and as with every big launch, some issues like crashing to desktop and freezing on PC are already present. Here's how to fix them.
Call of Duty: Vanguard usually crashes when players attempt to start the game or during multiplayer matches. Sometimes, the game would even crash in the menu, during matchmaking. There are some solutions to these issues and while these are not guaranteed to help, it's definitely worth trying them out.
Here's how to fix PC crashing on Call of Duty: Vanguard:
- Make sure your PC components such as CPU or GPU are not overheating.
- Makes sure you are running the latest version of Windows 10/11.
- Shut down all applications that are running in the background.
- Apps like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, AMD or Nvidia overlays.
- Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
- Lower your graphics settings
- Scan and repair the game in the Battle.net app.
- If none of these work, try reinstalling the game.
As with every Call of Duty game, you can expect many patches and updates now that the game has launched. If these solutions listed above did not help you with crashing and freezing problems, all that remains is to wait for fixes from Sledgehammer Games, who are surely working on these at the moment.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is out now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.