During the ID@Xbox event last night, Stray Fawn Studio revealed The Wandering Village, a brand new city-building simulation game, coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Yesterday, Xbox hosted another ID@Xbox event, where they showcased a bunch of brand new but also already announced indie titles, that they have been supporting.
One of these titles is The Wandering Village from Zurich-based studio Stray Fawn.
The Wandering Village is a city-building simulator with a unique art style and interesting concept - players get to build their own village on the back of a giant creature.
Here is the official description:
"In a world where mysterious toxic spores are contaminating the planet, a group of people seeks shelter on the back of a giant, wandering creature. Become their leader, build their settlement and form a symbiotic relationship with the creature to survive together in this hostile, yet beautiful world."
Here are some of the key features of The Wandering Village:
- Build a village on the back of a giant creature
- Farm various crops to feed your villagers
- Send out foraging missions to gather rare resources
- Survive a variety of different biomes and events
- Build a relationship with a giant beast and influence its actions
- Ecology/Biology inspired gameplay
- Unique art style with a blend of 3D and hand-drawn, hand-animated 2D graphics
The Wandering Village will be coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC. Players will be able to take part in the game's development via Xbox Game Preview and Steam early access.