Little Green Men Games have released a DLC pack for their space warfare game Starpoint Gemini Warlords. The DLC will put you in the shoes of the Numibian Queen in her quest to restore her tribe to former glory or pit you against her.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords has seen a lot of DLC in its lifespan and the trend seems to see no end. The newest DLC is going to expand the current explorable space in the game by about 30 percent and add Numibia as a new playable faction.
In the story mode you will be able to assume control of the Numibians in an attempt to restore them to the power they once had. In other words, you will start a war so Numibians can feel better about themselves. You will also be able to play on the defensive side, protecting the system from the incoming Numibian invasion.
The game's DLC so far has been well received by players on Steam, with many praising the devs for keeping any arising issues in check as well as adding meaningful content to the game. The game itself is not priced as a AAA game, standing at about £28. Rise of Numibia itself will set you back another £7.
Little Green Men Games
Rise of Numibia's features are summed up on their Steam page as:
- Gemini map increased by 30% = more space to conquer
- 1 new playable faction (Numibia) with new Headquarters
- 3 new additional factions (Highland, Eastland, Tswana)
- New scenarios – Conquest with Numibia, or Defense against the Numibian incursion
- New ambassadors for the new factions
- 7 brand new spaceship designs that include all ship classes (Bonas, Nhoma, Walvis, Okahara, Tantas, Koenos, Aranos)
- 4 new planets (Kalahari, New Korkyra, Gladstone, Doma), plus a New Korkyra moon
- New asteroid fields with stunning visual and gameplay additions
Even though Numibia is a confusing name itself, the DLC's last ''feature'' on the list totally lost me. It's a game in space, shouldn't asteroid fields be a given? Telxvi says he doesn't remember seeing any while reviewing the vanilla release, so it may be high time someone made him take another look at the game, because he has the memory capacity of a fruit fly.
Little Green Men Games
Starpoint Gemini Warlords has 66 per cent discount with Steam and there are less than two days left on the sale timer at the time of writing. If you're itching for some space ship fighting you can snatch it for £9,6. The previous three DLC packs are also on sale at 50 per cent each.