EA responded to the loot crate criticism by releasing a statement. They are "looking into more ways to allow players to stay and play together as a team". Star Wars Battlefront 2 releases on 17 November.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 recently had an open beta. Everything looked fine until the players realised that progression was tied to a loot crate system in an unsatisfactory manner - there were loot crates.
There was some criticism and EA responded by releasing a statement which clarifies some things about how the system will work when the actual game comes out. Turns out that players that pay will still have an advantage over those that don’t, but the most powerful items will be unlocked independently of loot crates.
"The Beta was just a small piece of what we're making. Yes, there’s more content (new locations, heroes, modes, and the all-new single-player campaign), but we heard your feedback loud and clear after the first game." says the statement.
Most unlocks are still tied to loot boxes. Those boxes can be bought with currency earned by playing the game, or using cold hard cash. Duplicate Star Cards will be replaced by various crafting parts that can be spent on unlocking what you want. Alas, not everything can be bought with those parts.
"We know you have a lot of questions about Crates and progression, so we want to clarify a few things, as the complete system was not in the Beta and will continue to be tuned over time" continues the statement:
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
Find the full statement . Is your mind at ease now? Didn't think so. Star Wars Battlefront 2 releases on 17 November, microtransactions and all.