Splatoon 2 players can soon take part in a Mushroom Kingdom crossover event. Those who sign up and manage to end up in the top 35 will win a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary coin.
Calling all Inklings and Octolings! You are cordially invited to take part in a Mushroom Kingdom crossover of splatacular proportions.
Off the Hook is back and you can all take part in the new Splatoon 2 Splatfest. Top contenders may even receive a commemorative Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary coin.
Splatfests are large in-game Splatoon 2 events where players champion one of two causes. Both sides will meet in fierce Turf War battles during the event, and a winning side is declared at the end of it.
The upcoming Splatfest
- Start: January 15, Friday at 10:00 p.m. GMT.
- End: January 17, Sunday at 10:00 p.m. GMT.
The theme is Super Mushroom vs. Super Star. The players will be able to choose between their favourite power-ups: Super Mushroom or a Super Star.
If you own Splatoon 2 you can pick a side right now and then join the fun on January 15.
Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary coin
Those confident in their Splatoon 2 abilities can also sign up to win a piece of commemorative swag - a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary coin. For your chance to win one, please follow these steps:
- Head here and sign up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge My Nintendo mission.
- Participate in the Splatfest event.
- Sit tight as the top 35 players on each Splatfest team (based on the highest Splatfest Power during the Competition Period) are identified. The potential winners will be notified by the email associated with their Nintendo Account.
Please note that sign-ups are only required if you want a chance to win a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary coin. Anyone who owns the Splatoon 2 game can participate in the Splatfest without that extra step.