The long-awaited mod for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice that introduces PvP and co-op modes has finally arrived. It is available for download on Nexus Mods.
Sekiro fans rejoice! You can now fight other players thanks to the latest PvP mod from modder LukeYui. The mod, which also introduces co-op mode to From Software's title is available for download now over at Nexus Mods.
This addition is, of course, an unofficial online feature to make Sekiro an even more unique experience. As you may know, From Software's earlier games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne featured PvP but the developer decided against the online battles for their latest game.
The mod is still in the early public beta so expect crashes, bugs and other issues. At the moment the mod runs purely on P2P connections, supports up to six players matchmaking and invasions. Here is the breakdown:
- Support for up to 6 players (1 host + 5 phantoms)
- PvP - Make use of your prosthetic tools and combat arts to defeat your opponents, grapple through the world and snipe each other out of the air.
- Co-op - Play through the game with friends, approach enemies and bosses with a different style and finally beat the game as the summoner class.
- Invasions - Enter an unsuspecting person's world as a spirit of vengeance, and fight to the death.
- Simplified matchmaking - Invaders and phantoms will always be adjusted to the player's local level, to try and increase the available player pool.
- For example, if you have 40 attack power, and your opponent has 1 attack power, they will hit you as if they have 40 and you'll hit them as if you have 1.
- You can't pause the game.
Full instructions on how to install the mod properly are available on the Nexus Mods page.