Modders AinTunez, Meowmaritus, and others have revealed plans for Nightfall, a massive Dark Souls mod that is intended to be a sequel to Dark Souls with a new world map, faster combat system, retextured enemies with new animations and a lot more.
Dark Souls community will be excited to hear about this brand new mod that a team of modders is currently working on. Named Dark Souls: Nightfall, this massive project is in development by AinTunez, Meowmaritus, and other modders.
The team promises many cool additions to the game and have detailed everything they plan to deliver in the final release. Here is a short breakdown, which the team listed on their blog :
- Dark Souls sequel
- Direct Dark Souls sequel with "expanded lore" that aims not to clash with the base game.
- New world map.
- No brand new assets, but a mixture of physically rearranged areas of Lordran. Also building new areas out of existing map pieces and collisions.
- Heavily modified, fast-paced combat system.
- The team has been tuning the combat system for a year.
- Modified enemies with heavily modified animations.
- No brand new enemy models, but lots of retexturing and decking out of existing ones.
- Brand new NPCs with new voice acting.
- The team experimented with some new "non-verbal characters" in DoA but their improving ability to edit the character files and AinTunez’s access to an incredible pool of voice talent has expanded the options here considerably. No hard promises on this one, as these files, can be very time-consuming to playtest (think of all the different possible outcomes of each character interaction), but the team think it's within reach.
- Larger and more ambitious than Daughters of Ash mod
- It will extend to the things I went ham in DoA: event scripting, boss design, and optional (and/or secret) questlines.
At the moment, the mod does not have a release date.