Riot Games' lead gameplay designer has released the upcoming changes to one of the League of Legends champions - Amumu. The main goal of this mini-rework is to make him more suited for higher ranks.
League of Legends champion Amumu has not been a very popular pick amongst junglers for a very long time now. He has a very straightforward kit that is not hard to execute.
However, this could be a double-edged sword since it's easy to counter and react to a champion if he doesn't have too many tools to catch you by surprise. This is also reflected in his pick rate disparity through the ranks. Amumu's pick rate in lower elo is three to four times higher compared to higher elo.
League of Legends Lead Gameplay Designer Jeevun Sidhu has revealed the adjustments on Twitter:
- Base Stats:
- Health per level will get lowered from 80 to 75 HP
- Armour per level will get reduced from 3.8 to 3.5
- Bandage Toss (Q):
- Amumu's (Q) has now two charges
- Damage will get changed from 80-280 (+70 per cent AP) to 70-190 (+85 per cent AP)
- Ability Cooldown - 3 seconds (not reduced by Ability Haste)
- Charge Cooldown - 16-14 seconds
- Despair (W):
- Damage per second will get changed from 8-24 (+1/2 per cent of target's maximum HP) to 12-28 (+1/1.6 per cent of target's maximum HP
- Curse of the Sad Mummy (R):
- Stun duration will go down from 1.5-2 to 1.5 seconds
Shifting Amumu's power towards his Q will make his ganks much more reliable since it's his primary tool to engage in fights. This should ma him reliable in higher elo and he could become a decent jungler with strong team fight potential