According to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group, Activision's shooter Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is still dominating sales charts. Ubisoft Assassin's Creed Valhalla is also riding high on the charts.
Call of Duty franchise continues to dominate sales each year and in the first month of 2021, it's no different. Black Ops Cold War, the latest iteration in the shooter series, has topped the best-selling chart, leaving behind Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
"Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has been the best-selling game in the U.S. each month since its November launch, and it now ranks as the 20th best-selling video game in U.S. tracked history ranked by lifetime dollar sales," revealed NPD analyst Mat Piscatella.
Here are the top twenty best-selling games according to the NPD data:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Madden NFL 21
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons*
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe*
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
- NBA 2K21*
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars*
- FIFA 21
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Just Dance 2021
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Cyberpunk 2077*
- Super Mario Party*
- UFC 4
*Digital sales are not included.