Fans of The Thing will be glad to hear that Daedalic Entertainment's new 2D action game Hidden Deep is coming to Steam with a free to play demo. The game is coming to Steam in 2021.
Hidden Deep is under development by the team from Cogwheel Software. Fans of the classic sci-fi thrillers from the '80s and the '90s are sure to appreciate the game's setting and feel.
Developer Cogwheel Software and publisher Daedalic Entertainment have announced that Hidden Deep is scheduled to release on PC in 2021.
Players will get a chance to explore a vast suboceanic research and mining facility inhabited by alien creatures brought to life in a 2D game world. Everyone craving a taste of what's in store can download a demo version of Hidden Deep during the Steam Games Festival: February 2021 (from February 3 to February 9).
In Hidden Deep, you lead a team of four researchers to a mysterious facility 1,6 km below the ocean floor to find out what has happened to the station's crew who have seemingly disappeared.
You must command your team members and find out what happened to your colleagues in a dark sci-fi story inspired by 80s and 90s classics like Alien, The Thing and the first Half-Life game.
The players will explore the depths using a variety of gadgets, shoot, blast or sneak their way through dangerous traps and alien lairs and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants.
- A mission-based single-player experience where you control your team directly or by giving orders.
- Story mode with more than 50 narrative-driven, handcrafted levels paying homage to 80s and 90s sci-fi classics.
- Challenge mode with randomized levels for fast-paced action.
- Exploration of suboceanic caves using grappling-hooks, scanners, drones, heavy machinery and more.
- Sneaky and deadly aliens, environmental traps and other hidden dangers.
Hidden Deep will be released on PC via Steam in 2021. From February 3 to February 9, you can play a demo during the Steam Games Festival: February 2021.