Blizzard will bring all kinds of cool content to gamescom 2017. Overwatch is getting a brand new map, Heathstone will get a new Hero and WoW will see its European Championship come to a close. More information will be revealed on Monday, 21 August.
Blizzard is coming to gamescom 2017 next week and they're bringing a lot of content. The main items on the menu are Overwatch, Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. If you visit Blizzard's booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse you'll have the chance to play the latest content for Overwatch, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, and more.
A special preview video is set to go live in three days at the time of writing. The video will make sure you see the playable content that'll be available during the event. Blizzard Cosplay Contest and two performances from Video Games Live will also go down and you'll be able to catch the action via live stream on the website. You'll find the links at the end of this article.
Let's see what Blizzard has in store for gamescom 2017:
- A new animated short will premiere on the main stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday, 23 August.
- If you visit the Blizzard booth, you'll be given a chance to play the brand new Overwatch map. Details will be revealed in their preview video on Monday, 21 August.
- Hearthstone players will get an early look at the new Fireside Gathering features. There, they’ll join forces in a whole new kind of Fireside Brawl: a group raid against the Lich King.
- Also we’ll find out which country’s players will rise above the rest as the Hearthstone Global Games Finals take place live on the Hearthstone stage on Friday and Saturday, 25 and 26 August - to win a card pack, and watch the tournament live-streamed on .
World of Warcraft
- Atendees will be able to team up and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3. More details about the patch will be revealed during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
- 12 top-ranked Arena teams will have a go at each other in the WoW European Championship Finals on the World of Warcraft stage from Wednesday to Saturday, for a share of the £77.000 GBP prize pool and a chance to compete in the WoW Arena World Championship Finals at BlizzCon later this year. The live stream will be right through .
Heroes of the Storm
- There's going to be a new Hero available at the booth. Details about the Hero will be revealed on Monday (as a part of the preview video).
- Heroes of the Storm: Showdown: community personalities and pros will go head to head in live show matches on the main stage. This includes Team Liquid and Team expert on Wednesday, 23 August, and popular German YouTubers ApeCrime and PietSmiet on Friday, 25 August.
- The newest StarCraft II co-op commander will be playable at the Blizzard booth. More details on Monday.
- StarCraft: Remastered and its Brood War expansion, will also be available to play on the show floor.
- Attendees will be able to command legions of the risen dead and wield the dark arts with Diablo III’s Rise of the Necromancer pack, playable on PC and PlayStation 4.
The main stage will also play host to dance and cosplay contests, signing sessions, quizzes, contests, and more. New merch will be obtainable from the Blizzard store in Hall 5.