Into the Fray, Albion's next major content update launches on June 8. In their last Dev Talk, before the update goes live, Game Director Robin Henkys discusses the huge changes coming to Castles.
Castles have been an iconic element of Albion Online since the early Alpha. With Albion’s Fifth Anniversary coming up, they have been reworked to make them even more fun and appealing:
- Overhauled graphics: new gates and destruction effects, new interiors
- New layouts allow for more varied tactics and multiple fronts (2 different layouts depending on biome)
- Demolition Hammers are now used directly from inventory like tools, and capture mechanics are now similar to Faction Outposts
- Updated rewards: instead of scoring Season Points regularly, Castles and Outposts now have a chance to spawn chests regularly
- Chests provide Might and update a guild's Might Level, generating Season Points and creating new opportunities for smaller guilds
All in all, you can look forward to more action around Castles all throughout the week, and if you liked the previous system, the developers say, the massive weekend loot chests remain in place.
Additionally, a new Activities UI provides a one-stop overview of all the game's timed activities. It offers two event types:
- Activity Events
- Daily Production Bonuses
Developers say that they are looking forward to seeing how both Activity Events and Daily Production Bonuses affect daily life in Albion, as it will influence the many ideas for how they could expand on these concepts in the future.