Pokemon GO players will be able to take part in Pokemon GO Tour: Johto in February 2022. Tickets for two different versions of the event are on sale at the in-game shop.
Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto event was highly successful so now Johto is getting its very own Pokemon GO Tour event. The upcoming experience will be coupled with an in-person adventure in some areas.
Pokemon GO Tour: Johto
This celebration of Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver will be executed with the help of the ticketed version of Pokemon GO Tour: Johto. Trainers will be given a choice between the Gold Version and Silver Version event experiences, each with version-exclusive Pokemon. There will also be event-exclusive Special Research to be completed to win an encounter with Celebi that knows a special move if caught during the event. Trading with friends who chose a different version of the event will be key to success.
An exclusive Masterwork Research line will be available to Trainers who complete the Pokemon GO Tour: Johto Special Research but we'll have more information about that at a later date.
Tickets for the upcoming global event are now live, but those who are eyeing the in-person event will still have to wait a bit. Those who decide to buy a Pokemon GO Tour: Johto ticket by the following dates will also get access to the Season of Heritage's January and February Timed Research:
- Purchase by Monday, January 10, 2022, to get both the January and February Timed Research.
- Purchase by Thursday, February 10, 2022, to get only the February Timed Research.
Pokemon GO Tour: Johto - date and time
The global event will go live on Saturday, February 26, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. and go on until 9:00 p.m. local time. On top of the free event, Trainers can also purchase a ticket for the premium experience.
Sunday, February 27, 2022, will bring an in-person event at a couple of selected locations. Trainers will pay homage to the end of the Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver games by taking the next step in their Pokemon GO journey with Pokemon from the Kanto region. More information about this coming soon.
Pokemon GO Tour: Johto ticketed experience features
- Players will have to choose the Gold or the Silver Version and stick with their choice through the event. Tickets will be available for purchase in the in-app shop for USD $11.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency, plus any applicable taxes and fees). Tickets cannot be purchased with PokeCoins and are nonrefundable.
- All ticket holders (regardless of their choice of the ticket) will be able to experience the following during the Pokemon GO Tour: Johto:
- All Pokemon originally discovered in the Johto region will be appearing in the wild, raids, encounters after research tasks, will be attracted to Incense, hatch from Eggs, will be available via trading with friends, or will be obtainable via Evolution during this time.
- You’ll be able to complete event-exclusive Special Research, leading to an encounter with the Mythical Pokemon, Celebi. Make sure to catch Celebi during the event for a special move.
- Once you complete the Special Research line, you’ll be able to access a second exclusive Masterwork Research story, intended to be worked on over a long period of time.
- All Pokemon originally discovered in the Johto region will be available in their Shiny forms. This includes the featured Unown (G, O, T, U, R, and J) which will appear when using incense. In addition, you’ll be more likely to encounter certain Shiny Pokemon in the wild depending on the event version you selected.
- Earn rewards and level up your Elite Collector medal by completing nine Collection Challenges. Trainers will need to catch specific Pokemon according to a theme in a limited timeframe to complete these challenges.
- Different Pokemon will be attracted to Incense.
- A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop.
- Eggs will require one-quarter of their normal Hatch Distance.
- You’ll earn twice the Candy for hatching Eggs.
- You’ll earn extra Candy when catching featured Johto Pokemon.
- You’ll get up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- You’ll get an exclusive in-game medal to commemorate the event.
- Snapshots, please.
- You’ll be able to get special stickers by spinning PokeStops and purchasing them in the in-game shop.
Pokemon GO Tour: Johto non ticketed features
These will be available to everyone:
- Some Pokemon originally discovered in Johto will be appearing in the wild, in raids, and hatching from 7 km Eggs. Some Pokemon originally discovered in Johto that are usually exclusive to certain regions in the world will also be appearing in raids worldwide.
- Pokemon such as Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Togepi will be hatching from 2 km Eggs you receive by spinning PokeStops.
- You’ll be able to complete Timed Research related to Trainer Battles.
Gold or Silver Version?
The two different versions of the ticketed event will feature different Pokemon and players will only be able to complete the Collection Challenges if they trade with those who chose the other version. Each version will feature different and exclusive Pokemon that will be attracted to Incense during event hours. Additionally, you’ll have a greater chance of encountering certain Shiny Pokemon depending on which version you choose.
Once chosen, the event version cannot be changed so choose carefully.
Exclusive Pokemon: Spinarak, Gligar, Teddiursa, and Mantine will be attracted to Incense.
You’ll have an increased chance of encountering the following Shiny Pokemon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Spinarak, Igglybuff, Natu, Hoppip, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Gligar, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Swinub, Mantine, and Ho-Oh.
Silver Version–exclusive Pokemon: Ledyba, Delibird, Skarmory, and Phanpy will be attracted to Incense.
You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokemon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Cleffa, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Yanma, Pineco, Delibird, Skarmory, Houndour, Phanpy, Miltank, Larvitar, and Lugia.
Pokemon GO Tour in-person event
Pokemon GO Tour: Johto will only be available on February 26, but Trainers can choose to keep the party going on with the in-person event on February 27. The in-person experience is totally separate from the main Pokemon GO Tour: Johto event and will be a special step back into Kanto. The in-person event is optional and there are no restrictions on participation if a Trainer has already taken part in the Johto event - you can attend both, just one or neither.
Stay tuned for global locations and ticket information about the in-person Kanto event to go live very soon.