Pokemon GO Fest 2021 will be chock-full of exciting encounters, Shiny Pokemon and new moves. The event will also feature three Ultra Unlock mini-events.
Pokemon GO is ramping up for the upcoming Pokemon GO Fest 2021. In addition to previously shared details, the Pokemon GO team recently shared a bunch more exciting tidbits of information along with an Ultra Unlock preview.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 additional details
- Everyone will be able to make up to six Special Trades each day from Friday, July 16, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Sunday, July 18, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- A regular and a Shiny Pikachu wearing a Meloetta-inspired hat will be appearing in the wild during event hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- During event hours on Saturday, July 17, the following Pokemon will be appearing in raids:
- Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon wearing Meloetta-inspired hats and Deino will be appearing in one-star raids. A Shiny Galarian Ponyta, a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon, or a Shiny Deino will also be in the mix.
- Galarian Weezing, Hitmontop, and Cranidos will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Evolve Kirlia (Ralts’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Gardevoir that knows Synchronoise.
- Evolve Vibrava (Trapinch’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Flygon that knows Earth Power.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 ticket holder perks
- Some of the Pokemon appearing during the event will know special attacks.
- Pikachu Pop Star will know Draining Kiss, and Pikachu Rock Star will know Meteor Mash.
- Gardevoir will know Synchronoise, and Flygon will know Earth Power.
- Taking a snapshot during event hours on Saturday after completing your Special Research will grant you an encounter with either Pikachu Pop Star or Pikachu Rock Star.
- Taking a snapshot on Sunday will result in either Gardevoir or Flygon wearing a Meloetta-inspired hat encounter.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Ultra Unlock
- Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time
If Trainers complete a total of eight global challenges, they’ll gain access to Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time. The flow of time will be disrupted and Pokemon from various eras will be appearing more often.
Part 1: Time will run from Friday, July 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space
If Trainers complete a total of 16 global challenges, they’ll gain access to Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space. Space itself will be warped as Pokemon from various places pop up.
Part 2: Space will run from Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Ultra Unlock Part 3: ???
The mysterious Part 3 will take place from Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.