Pokemon GO's annual Tricky Pokemon event will be held on Thursday, April 1, 2021. The one-day event will see Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin appearing more often in the wild.
Pokemon GO's traditional April Fool's Day event is back, and the roguish Pokemon seem to be causing more trouble than usual. This Thursday, April 1, 2021, the mischievous Pokemon will be appearing more often in the wild. Look out for a disguised Ditto.
The mischief will go both ways this year, as the Pokemon will also cause trouble for Team GO Rocket so it will be a grand opportunity to rescue Shadow Zapdos from Giovanni’s clutches.
Pokemon GO Tricky Pokemon event date and time
- Thursday, April 1, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time
Pokemon GO Tricky Pokemon event features
- Pokemon prone to mischief—like Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin—will be appearing more often in the wild.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will only have Shadow Aipom on their teams during the event.
- Team GO Rocket will be appearing more often at PokeStops and in balloons.
- The Team GO Rocket Timed Research launching during this event will be available from Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time. Complete the Timed Research within that time to earn a Super Rocket Radar and other rewards.
- The switch timer in the GO Battle League will be cut in half.
- Take a few snapshots for a surprise.
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokemon that Ditto is known to transform into. Ditto is now transforming into one more Pokemon species.