Furfrou is making its Pokemon GO debut during this year's Fashion Week. The Poodle Pokemon's introduction will bring a new form-change mechanic to the game.
It's Fashion Week in Pokemon GO and a perfect time for Furfrou, the Poodle Pokemon, along with many of its forms, to make its in-game debut. Stylishly dressed Pokemon will be popping up all over the place - in the wild as well as in Raids, the shop will offer new avatar items and have a first-of-its-kind sale on select pieces.
Pokemon GO Fashion week: date and time (September 2021)
- The runway will open on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, and close one week later, on September 28, at 8:00 p.m.
Pokemon GO Fashion week features (September 2021)
- Furfrou is making its Pokemon GO debut. The Poodle Pokemon's different forms will also be available in certain regions of the globe:
- Natural Form: Available in the wild globally.
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally.
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally.
- Debutante Trim: As a form change in the Americas.
- Diamond Trim: As a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Star Trim: As a form change in the Asia-Pacific.
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: As a form change in Japan.
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt.
- Heart Trim: more details coming soon.
- Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle will be sporting fashionable costumes for the first time. Last year's fashionistas like Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk will also make an appearance.
- Season of Mischief Special Research story - Misunderstood Mischief will unlock during the event. Trainers will be helping Professor Willow learn how Pokemon like Furfrou change their appearances.
- Those who complete Special Research will earn a chance to encounter Meloetta. You will earn Meloetta Candy if you've already had the pleasure of acquaintance during Pokemon GO Fest 2021.
- Spotting Fashionable Trainers and Pokemon and then challenging them will also earn you rewards.
- Completing Timed Research will grant Trainers a chance to encounter fashionable event-themed Pokemon. The final reward will take the shape of an exclusive Furfrou Wig avatar item. The wig will be available in the shop on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 20:00 GMT.
- The shop will start selling Fashion Week avatar items on Monday, September 20, at 20:00 GMT, and certain articles will be put on sale for a limited time.
- Furfrou and other costumed Pokemon will also be appearing in the wild. This includes Kirlia, Blitzle, Croagunk and Butterfree.
- One-star raids: Costumed Pokemon like Sneasel and Shinx.
- Three-star raids: Butterfree and Kirlia.
- Five-star and Mega Raids: Mega Houndoom will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, October 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Pokemon hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a fashionable costume, and Shinx in a fashionable costume.
- Shiny Pokemon: Butterfree, Sneasel, Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, Croagunk, or Blitzle - all wearing fashionable costumes. You may encounter a Shiny Blitzle without a costume after Fashion Week has concluded, but you won’t see Blitzle in the wild very often.
New form-change mechanic
Furfrou’s debut in Pokemon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the forms of certain Pokemon.
How to change Furfrou’s Trim:
- Furfrou begins in its Natural Trim.
- Select Furfrou in your Pokemon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.