Trainers who've always wanted to be featured in a Pokemon game can now enter a competition that could make their dreams come true. Niantic is holding a featured Trainer contest during Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto.
Pokemon GO is giving eight lucky fans a chance to become a featured Trainer character in the game during Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto.
How to become a featured Trainer character
Trainers can look forward to a competition that will help decide who will appear as an in-game character. To enter the contest, you just need to post your entry on Twitter by Monday, January 11, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Your post needs to include the following:
- A screenshot of your Trainer profile that includes your Trainer name and shows off your avatar’s outfit.
- A list of three Pokemon that would make up your team. These Pokemon must be among those originally discovered in the Kanto region and cannot include Ditto, or any Legendary or Mythical Pokemon.
- The hashtag #PokemonGOTourContest.
The entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- The creativity of your avatar outfit.
- General theme.
- Pokemon team composition.
A good strategy will be to come up with a theme and do your best to show off your ideas. Inspiration can strike at any time but if you find yourself at a loss you can always go for your favourite Pokemon type or even showcase your team's colours.
No purchase is necessary and this contest is open to all Trainers at or above the age of majority in their country, if eligible, at the time of entry. Full contest rules available here .