Tandem: A Tale of Shadows is a puzzle platformer with an intriguing gameplay mechanic and whimsical art style. The indie title is now available on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows is now available on PC, Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Inspired by the Victorian era, the works of Jules Verne, Conan Doyle and Tim Burton, Tandem offers its players a novel dual gameplay mechanic wherein they will have to use both light and shadows to traverse the world and solve its puzzles.
Tandem's gameplay constantly switches between one protagonist's top-down view and another's horizontal side-scroller view. Emma uses her lantern to cast different shadows while in top-down mode, and Fenton then uses those shadows to traverse the horizontal map.
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - key features
- Playful and frightful worlds inspired by Jules Verne, Conan Doyle, Tim Burton and Victorian-era architecture.
- More than forty puzzles and obstacles stand between you and the solution to the mystery surrounding young Thomas Kane’s disappearance.
- Swap perspectives between Emma and Fenton. Light up the scene and cast shadows as Emma from a top-down view. Walk on shadows projected by Emma’s lantern from Fenton’s side-scroller view.
- Face mechanical toy-like enemies and bosses in each dimension. Emma doesn't attack so players will have to think of a way out.
- Elaborate cutscenes and hidden rooms that hold clues related to the central mystery.
- Objects can be pushed and pulled to create shadows for Fenton. Alarms and traps can work to a player's advantage.
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows is now available on PC, Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.