Unknown Worlds Entertainment have rolled out an update for Subnautica: Below Zero via EGS, Steam and Discord stores, and the dev conceded it's a teeny-tiny one.
So basically - Subnautica: Below Zero developer is just ensuring you're covered until Cyberpunk 2077 is out, after which you should be good on your own. Kidding, of course.
"Hello, Subnauts! A new update has just been released for Subnautica: Below Zero on the Steam, Epic, and Discord stores. Though this is not a major Early Access update (consider it a half-way mark between Relics of the Past and our next major update!), it does contain a ton of bug fixes, optimizations, and polish to the world", the team wrote.
As promised, the update is more a filler for the rest of December, as the most noteworthy changes already arrived in the previous update .
- Changelog Complete encyclopedia, tooltips, names, descriptions and PDA text
- Streaming and memory optimizations (Unity Addressables, octree pruning, etc)
- Art performance optimizations (material and mesh complexity reductions, LODs, culling, VFX optimizations)
- Story presentation improvements and databank organization
- Final soundtrack with updated music manager Improved Creative Mode Added weather quality option
- Updated early game immersive training
- Updated Robin / player model Tons of bug-fixes and general polish (collision, materials, loot, spawns, model fixes, anim blending fixes, z-fighting fixes, base ghosts and construction issues, missing effects, etc)