The developers behind Shadow Arena sat down to answer some of the community's burning questions and to reveal much of the game’s roadmap. The team confirmed consoles release and some other sweet additions.
Shadow Arena, a battle-royale Black Desert spin-off is set to introduce some brand new features and in the latest Q and A video, the development team, Pearl Abyss have talked about these upcoming changes and additions.
One of the highlights of the video is the announcement of Shadow Arena console port as well as a brand new MOBA mode. On consoles, Shadow Arena will support crossplay between PlayStation and Xbox.
As for the MOBA mode, the devs did not say much but more info about this upcoming content will be released very soon since the mode is still under development.
Here are the key takeaways from the video:
- Console release and crossplay - The development team announced that Shadow Arena is indeed coming to console and will support crossplay.
- MOBA mode in Shadow Arena - Players will soon be able to play Shadow Arena in a completely different way, as a MOBA.
- Extensive UI overhaul - Damage numbers will be added to the game.
- Select new skills before the battle starts
- Enhanced clan system - The clan system is being improved and will be fully supported by all of the recently introduced modes.
- Even more new heroes - New heroes will continue to be added to Shadow Arena every three weeks with a total roster of twenty joining the fray by the end of the year.
- Improved tournament system - The tournament system continues to be refined and polished with in-depth testing on Asian servers.
- All new Trio competitive mode - This new mode will introduce unique rules with new mechanics to shake things up in battle and is scheduled to arrive later this month.
- Premium items coming soon - Players will be able to get a hold of a swath of new premium items including emotes and all-new weapon skins.