Rockstar Games already apologised for the poor PC launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 and announced they would compensate the players for it. The care package is here and there will be a decent amount of time to claim it.
PC players of Red Dead Redemption 2 were met with an unsavoury launch, plagued by performance issues, crashes and bugs. Rockstar Games fixed the problems by the time of writing but they acknowledged the rough launch and promised a care package for the PC community, as a sign of gratitude for sticking with the game.
The first, and arguably the most prominent reward from the package is the Prieto Poncho, seen on the picture above. It can be claimed at any clothing store or the camp wardrobe for free. Prieto Poncho comes separately from the rest of the care package though.
In order to claim the consumables, players will need to visit Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Contents of the package are as follows:
- 100x Revolver Express Ammo
- 100x Pistol Express Ammo
- 100x Repeater Express Ammo
- 100x Rifle Express Ammo
- 100x Shotgun Slugs
- 20x Shotgun Incendiary Buckshot Slugs
- 20x Fire Arrows
- 20x Poison Throwing Knives
- 20x Volatile Fire Bottles
- 10x Potent Miracle Tonic – fully restores Health, Stamina and Dead Eye and Fortifies moderately
- 3x Horse Reviver – revives Horse from severe injury and moderately restores its Health
- 10x Minty Big Game – fully restores all Cores and yields a Gold Health Core
- 20x Baked Beans – moderately restores Health Core and Stamina Core
Keep in mind the rewards are for Red Dead Online. Those who have a created character should already have access to the care package while those who create a new one will get the rewards within 24 hours.
Another major update will hit Red Dead Redemption 2 on all platforms but it will be only PC players who will receive Marino Bandolier, a new off-hand holster and an additional care package gift.