Game News

Hi-Rez Studios are adding elemental legendaries to Realm Royale

Published: 18:40, 16 June 2018
Hi-Rez Studios
Cover image for Realm Royale alpha build on Steam
Realm Royale

Hi-Rez Studios are pressing the attack with their successful release of Realm Royale by updating it frequently. This doesn't always mean the updates are welcome, as players are voicing their concerns about the elemental weapon update.

Hi-Rez Studios have deployed elemental legendary weapons to the live alpha build of Realm Royale, sparking potential controversy regarding the game's balance. The way it currently works is that players have a 25 per cent chance to roll for each element introduced - Fire, Frost or Spirit, when they craft a legendary weapon at a forge.

This amounts to a 75 per cent chance to roll a weapon with an elemental bonus and 25 per cent chance players get a blank legendary weapon. While RNG helps keep things random and therefore somewhat fresh, certain players have voiced their concerns of feeling cheated out of a bonus when crafting the weapons.

Granted, these bonuses seem to be rather powerful, as the fire bonus ignites enemies hit and does damage over time, the frost bonus slows enemies down and spirit gives players a legal wall hack if they land a shot, similar to the effect of Hunter's Flare ability.

Some of these bonuses might even prove to be extremely good on certain weapons which would increase the role of RNG even further. For example, frost on Hunter's bow would make it easier for players to land that second, lethal shot on enemies.

If this turns out to be the case, it will practically mean 25 per cent chance for a top notch roll, 50 per cent chance for medium roll and 25 per cent for players of getting screwed out of their materials.

Hi-Rez Studios A woman in medieval cladding shooting an arrow in Realm Royale Realm Royale

Other players are voicing displeasure at Hi-Rez's updates being too frequent, but let's be honest, both groups are forgetting one vital detail - the game is still in alpha and heavy testing is to be expected.

There will definitely be bad decisions and additions along the way, but alpha and beta builds are in place for exactly that reason - to weed out the unwanted components before the game officially launches.

Now, if only there was a way not to screw with any given player's time investment while at it.

Latest Articles
Most Popular