Niantic announced that the enchanted passageway to Diagon alley will lose its powers on January 31. However, there is still some time before that happens and fans can still enjoy the upcoming events.
Niantic will be shutting down their Harry Potter: Wizards Unite AR game on January 31, 2021. While the news is quite sad for the game's player base, there are still some changes being made to the gameplay as well as some events you can enjoy before the enchanted candles gutter out.
Gameplay changes now live in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
The following changes are already in effect:
- Rewards for all Daily Assignments have been increased.
- All Potion Brew times have been reduced by 50 per cent (when using Master Notes).
- The daily cap on sending and opening Gifts has been obliterated.
- Tripe player XP is now the normal reward from Barrufio’s Brain Elixir potion.
- Expect to see 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus more frequently on the map. Associated Fragment rewards have been doubled.
- Keep an eye on the map for more Spell Energy and Ingredients.
It's not over until the Fat Lady sings
The coming months will still be filled with events, including the release of the remaining Lethal Adversaries.
- Dolores Umbridge Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part One
- Lucius Malfoy Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part Two
- Bellatrix Lethal Adversaries Event
- Horcrux Hunt Part Two
- Voldemort Lethal Adversaries Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part One
- Holiday Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part Two
More details about events and additional game changes coming to the world of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be shared at a later date.