Activision's latest blog post on Call of Duty Mobile is all about Firing Range, one of fan favourite maps from Black Ops that is turning back the clock in the mobile version, and they even posted a useful set of tips for newer players.
Depending on when you joined the Call of Duty fan-wagon, you might know Firing Range as Studio, which is what it was called when it was spruced up for Black Ops 2, 3 and 4.
As for Call of Duty Mobile, you've encountered Firing Range in the tutorial, learning about its mixture of open spaces and CQC-friendly battlegrounds.
One of the prime spots is the second floor of the tin building, which the dev and the community refer to as Top Tin. They also highlighted the platform on the wooden building, which has a pretty nice view of the mid-map section.
Naturally, good angles usually mean plenty of exposure, which means your Call of Duty Mobile opponents will be coming for you. Top Tin, for instance, means two entry points, so good luck with that - you'll likely need it.
- Call of Duty: Mobile’s tutorial will give you a great taste for what this map has to offer. Expect a wide variety of engagements – from close-quarters tussles to long-range shootouts – on this medium-small sized map.
- Firing Range’s buildings could act as power positions, as they offer ample amounts of cover with some even offering some high ground to prey on those running about the map.
- The small path between the tin building and watchtower might be a tough route, especially if fighting from the map’s center spills over. Be careful when traversing through here and consider alternative routes out of the firing range shack to the map’s center.
- Is there an annoying sniper sitting in Top Tin? Try switching up that attack strategy by doing some parkour up a stack of tires or a narrow barrier to potentially catch that soldier by surprise.
- Firing Range’s notorious watchtower can be a great power position, but be careful when climbing up to it, lest you be shot down while scaling the long ladder.
- Keep your balance across a wooden beam from Top Tin to the cliffside, and you may be rewarded with a unique way to catch an enemy player in the watchtower.
- The giant wooden building has a hole on the second floor that can be used to escape a hot gunfight to go on the Northern path. When staking out this area, be careful not to accidentally fall through this hole!
- Buildings in Firing Range are a lot more open than you think; be careful when hiding in one of these buildings in the event of an enemy Scorestreak, especially if it doesn’t actually have much of a roof left…
- The middle of the map can be a warzone, especially in objective game modes. Consider capturing an objective here quickly before escaping to a defensive power position in a building.
You can find more tips on the official Call of Duty Mobile website .