GTA Online will have a subscription soon and if you've been wondering why the discount offerings were so lame for the past few weeks, here is your answer.
GTA Online will have a subscription called GTA+ from March 29, 2022. It is initially coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S only but since there is money to be made, the PC version can't be too far behind either.
The subscription will cost $5.99 and it will basically provide the discounts and bonuses that were missing for the past few weeks in GTAO. For example, you will get member-only discounts as well as GTA$ and RP bonuses, on top of properties that can be claimed at no cost. On top of that, you will get $500,000 each month the subscription is active.
Such a description closely matches the bonuses Amazon Prime / Prime Gaming used to provide in the past but GTA+ also cannibalises the bonuses that were available to everyone before. You may have noticed in the past few weeks that the property discounts were mysteriously absent and only a handful of vehicles get bargain prices.
Meanwhile, the full list of benefits GTA+ will offer includes:
- GTA$500,000 each month
- Time-limited exclusivity on Principe Deveste Eight HSW upgrade
- Auto Shop located in La Mesa
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees, if you bought a membership, you will be reimbursed $50K
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series