Here's a guide on achieving the best performance in the newly released PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds 1.0 on PC. This guide boosts your FPS and increases your visibility.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has now been finally released. Version 1.0 is official. But the game's highest settings are not necessarily the best. In most games, FPS is life and - of course - the higher, the better. But for Battlegrounds, visibility is what's most important. So we are going to give you the best settings for that.
First off, we are going to show you the best settings you can change in the game. Secondly, we'll show you some advanced ways that will get you better performance but these involve messing with the config file. So let’s begin!
- Turn up "Brightness" to your preference to see enough in dark corners
- Change "Anti-Aliasing" to "Very Low"
- Change "Shadow Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Post-Processing Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Effects Quality" to "Very Low"
- Change "Foliage" to "Very Low"
- Disable "Motion Blur"
- Right click on the game in Steam
- Click on 'Properties'
- Click on 'Set launch options'
- Add -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4 to the text box
These next settings only improve visibility and might cost a few FPS, so only use them if you want to get the clearest image possible.
- Open C:\Users\PC NAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
- Open the "GameUserSettings" file in the "WindowsNoEditor" folder.
- Change value from "sg.ResolutionQuality" to "sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000”
- Change value from "sg.ViewDistanceQuality" to "sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3"
- Change value from "ScreenScale" to "ScreenScale=120.000000"
- Make the file "read-only"
In our experience, applying these settings will cost you 10-12FPS, but the trade-off is that you're able to see in further distance, so we think that's fair.
If you want to see how the game looks after applying all the settings from our guide, simply click here.