PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has a new patch on its test servers. The update brought the Erangel map back. Both maps are now playable but which map you play will be decided at random when a match begins.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has a new update. That means the next phase of testing for the game's 1.0 build is now underway. Yesterday's Tweet that came via the PlayBattlegrounds Twitter account informed us that the PUBG test servers will remain open until the PC 1.0 version comes out on live servers.
AltChar offices buzzed with different questions, but the one that made everyone go "Oh my God, you're right" is "Will Erangel come back to the test servers?"
This morning, a sigh of relief echoed through the building. After convincing the people from HR that the sigh was work related, I was able to get back to informing the masses of the latest development: Erangel has been added back into the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds roster.
The PUBG Development team stated that they wanted "to test Erangel in conjunction with all the new features as [they] make [their] final adjustments for PC 1.0."
You'll be happy to learn that the latest patch also unlocked the rewards menu. Aquarail has been added to Erangel, and Miramar's new Ghillie suit was sent to the care package on Erangel. Coexistence, people, it's beautiful.
Alas, it can't all be good news: You won't be able to select which map you want to play - they will be selected randomly as your match begins.
Xbox players take heed:
Xbox players, there will be a 1 hour maintenance on our servers in order to improve server stability. The maintenance will commence at 5AM PST / 2PM CET. We apologize for the inconvenience.— PUBG (@PUBG) December 12, 2017
The complete patch notes look like this:
- Test servers will stay open until PC 1.0 on live servers
Region & Modes
- NA - SOLO & DUO & SQUAD, First-person / Third-person
- EU - SOLO & DUO & SQUAD, First-person / Third-person
- ASIA - SOLO & DUO & SQUAD, First-person / Third-person
- Unlocked the rewards menu
- Players will now be able to check their performance in Career, and Leaderboard
- Erangel and Miramar - both maps are now playable
- Which map is played will be selected randomly when a match begins
- Added a wet effect to vehicles. This effect can be found in rainy weather on Erangel
- Added Aquarail on Erangel
- Added Miramar's new Ghillie suit to the care package on Erangel
- Helmet, vest, bag HUD UI elements will now be on by default
- Added a transparent background box behind HUD UI for clear visibility
- Fixed the issue with the insides of Erangel buildings being too dark
- Fixed the abnormal player shadow in FPP
- Deleted M16A4 from the tool tip of 8x and 15x scopes
- Fixed the issue where player's footstep sound was silenced when player moved diagonally or wore particular shoes
- Fixed the issue of two instances of player characters existing after reconnecting
If you wish to read the same patch notes with a different background, visit the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Steam news page.