The Legend Returns introduces new quests, battles and other content updates. Additional content updates are planned following the release of Patch 4.1. Patch 4.15 will introduce Rival Wings - the newest PvP mode featuring 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset.
Are you a Warrior of Light just waiting for a chance to travel to Ivalice in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood's latest patch known as The Legend Returns? If yes, then keep reading. If no, and you have no idea how you got here, the password is corn maze. Good luck.
The new story arc and alliance raid will send players to the ruins of the Royal City of Rabanastre as they learn more about the Majestic Imperial Theater Company and unravel the mysteries of the legend of Ivalice.
The Legend Returns also introduces many new quests, battles and other content updates, including:
- Main Scenario Quests - According to the press release: "The liberation of Ala Mhigo by the resistance signals the end of an era of tyranny. Lyse and her people now must decide how to greet their future, as Raubahn also faces important decisions of his own."
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid Series - Return to Ivalice - game designer Yasumi Matsuno and Keita Amemiya - creator of the Garo television and film series lend their talents as guest creators in this new raid series and story.
- New High-Level Dungeon - The Drowned City of Skalla - the submerged ruins of a city destroyed by war and filled with promises of treasure and unsolved mysteries of years past.
- The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain - a new trial battle that poses "an even greater challenge than the original encounter with this fearsome foe" says the press release.
- New Side Quests - A new chapter in the Hildibrand adventures series arrives, in which Nashu Mhakaracca sets forth in search of her mentor in the Far East.
- Adventurer Squadrons - Players can now explore a number of dungeons in solo play by forming a party with their adventurer squadron members.
- Kojin Beast Tribe Quests - Assist the Blue Kojin in creating their own treasure vault to store their gathered treasures and honour the divine, earning rewards as you further relationships with this beast tribe.
- New Housing Area - Residential plots of land in Shirogane are open to new residents.
- New Custom Deliveries - Disciples of the Hand and Land can turn in crafted and gathered items each week to M’naago to help further her cause while learning more about the Resistance Widows and Orphans Fund.
Additional content updates are planned following the release of Patch 4.1. An example is the Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) battle in Patch 4.11, scheduled for release two weeks after Patch 4.1. Additional content promises to require even more determination than “Extreme” and “Savage” difficulty battles.
Patch 4.15 is also in the works. This patch will introduce Rival Wings - the newest PvP mode featuring 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset.