Final Fantasy XV got a free update in collaboration with Assassin's Creed. Final Fantasy XV: Assassin’s Festival will be available until 31 January 2018. In addition to the Assassin’s Festival, the latest update also brought some fresh features.
Assassin's Creed franchise is now available as a free download for Final Fantasy XV on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Final Fantasy XV: Assassin’s Festival will be available to the players up until the end of January 2018.
It works like this: Noctis and his friends take part in a Lestallum festival held in honor of a mythical hero who fought to resist the shackles of oppression. The event will also feature a bunch of gameplay elements inspired by the Assassin’s Creed franchise. According to the press release, you can count on "nimble and acrobatic movements in the field, vicious assassinations from elevated height, and large-scale treasure hunts".
No event is ever complete without the exclusive outfits and this one will have two of those: the Medjay Assassin’s Robes for Noctis and his crew, and the Master Assassin’s Robes for Noctis. The latter is "only obtainable via the Dream Egg from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival" says the press release.
There will be other Assassin themed items in the game, such as: the Assassin’s Creed-themed Regalia items (decal and full body decal), along with a themed photo frame and filter that can be applied to and accessorized with Prompto’s photographs.
In addition to all this, the free update will bring:
- Noodle Helmet Outfit - this mysterious, famed Nissin Cup Noodle outfit musters up Noctis and his comrades’ energy and remarkably increases their HP recovery rate.
- Timed Quest Updates - Additional limited-time “Timed Quests” have been added to the quest tracker.
- Exhibition of Third Snapshot Contest Winning Photos - The winning photos from the third community Snapshot Contest are now on display at Galdin Quay.
- Bestiary - A gallery where players can see the enemies they have defeated in battle and take an in-depth visual look at the enemy is now available via the menu screen.
- Chapter Select - Players can now select and play various chapters from the main menu. This feature can only be accessed after completing the game.
More details and download links are right through here.