Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got an update that fixed quite a few things, especially in online matchmaking. Fixes have been made to communication during and after spectating. Also you now get no more than two Piranha Plants at the same time.
Yestreday, 28 June 2017, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got an update. Version 1.2 fixed a slew of bugs previously associated with online matches. Also, the update made things a bit more bearable and fair for players losing the match.
After the update, players who fall behind "will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently". If this doesn't feel a bit condescending, I don't know what does. In other news, you can now use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
The item wheel in online matches has been fixed and has since stopped spinning continuously. Speaking of online matches, they now end 30 seconds after the first racer crosses the finish line. The update is not very big, but it will definitely make life easier for players who are still finding their foothold.
Check out our video on how to stop the Blue Shell right on top of this article. I don't know, it might be useful once you stop being offended by the words "receive items geared toward catching up more frequently".
Here you go, a full list of fixes brought about by update 1.2:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.