A server-side update was released today, patching the final DLC pack for Dark Souls 3. The small update includes some Angel and infusions balancing. Meta weapons have also been nerfed.
Dark Souls 3 is said to be the last game of the franchise, and the Ringed City its last DLC. Released on 28 March 2017, Ringed City is available on PS4, Xbox One and PC for around £12, or for free if you own the Season Pass.
A regulation patch for the DLC, announced previously by Bandai Namco, rolled out today, and it features more balancing than The Walk.
Angles, Spears of the Church and infusions are the among the balanced enemies and covenant insignias. The biggest change is, of course, the reduction in damage dealt by the Angels. Meta weapons have also been nerfed. This is a server-side update, which means no downloading is required.
Full patch notes read:
- Reduced damage of the light arrows fired by "Angels"
- The sorcery "Hidden Body" is now effective against "Angels"
- Reduced the damage of homing spears released from "Spear of the Church"
- Reduced the amount of bonus absorption the "Spear of the Church" receives during 1vs2, 1vs3 and 1vs4 games (1vs1 is unaffected)
- Reduced the amount of HP "Church Guardian" has during a 1vs1 match (1vs2, 1vs3 and 1vs4 are unaffected)
- Increased damage and scaling of simple, crystal, fire, chaos, lightning, dark, deep and blessed infusions
- Increased damage of raw infusions
- Reduced damage and scaling of heavy infusions at lower weapon levels
- Increased scaling of sharp infusions, and increased damage gain at high levels of dexterity
- Reduced scaling of heavy infusions on lighter weapons
- Reduced damage of "Exile Greatsword"
- Reduced damage for L1(LB) attacks, and increased stamina consumption for L1(LB) attacks and weapon art "Ember" of "Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords"
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art "Wind Wheel" of "Splitleaf Greatsword" was applying more status effects than intended
- Fixed a bug where fully charged R2(RT) attacks of "Profaned Greatsword" and "Black Knight Greatsword" were not consuming additional stamina
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art of "Preacher's Right Arm" would combo for more hits than intended
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art of "Painting Guardian's Curved Sword" would combo for more hits than intended
- Increased damage of Toxic dealt by players, but reduced the penalty to stamina regeneration