Pre-orders for Steel Division: Normandy 44 by Eugen Systems have begun on Steam. Exclusive beta access will be granted to those who pre-purchase the game.
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a real time strategy under development by Eugen Systems, the minds behind titles such as Wargame and R.U.S.E.. The game will offer "detailed, historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles at the height of World War II".
Exclusive beta access will be granted to all those who choose to pre-order the game. The pre-order bunch will also receive, and this is a bit strange, "two historical aces as a pre-order bonus, giving division leaders new cosmetic faces to put in command of their vehicles". The Steel Division: Normandy 44 will have both a singleplayer and a multiplayer mode.
If you want to justify buying The Deluxe edition of The Steel Division: Normandy 44, maybe this will help:
- A Digital Art Book offering a look at the art and creation behind the game
- The Tactical Guide and Battle Log featuring tactics, terrain tips, and major maps of the game (That is not cheating, it's a tactical advantage.)
- Six Additional In-game Historical Aces to add cosmetic variety to your divisions.
- Deluxe Avatar and Icon for the Paradox Forums
- Unique Ringtones and Text Message Alert Sounds for your mobile devices (I bet it'll be the sound of a rifle or a gun.)
- Desktop Wallpapers from the Steel Division art team
- Custom Streaming Overlays designed for content creators on Twitch and YouTube
- Plus the full game, of course
The game will launch on 23 May for Windows PC, and the pre-orders have already started. The Steel Division: Normandy 44 standard edition costs £34,99, and the Deluxe version will knock £49,99 out of your wallet.