Ubisoft rolled out a couple of balancing changes on Rainbow Six Siege test server this week. The tweaks include a major nerf to ballistic shields, which will now only injure the opponent, instead of killing them. Also, Glaz has been buffed.
Ubisoft are testing some balancing changes on Rainbow Six Siege test servers this week. The developer detailed these changes in their latest post on Siege subreddit and it's safe to say that we're looking at major nerfs to several operators.
The most notable change has struck the operators with ballistic shields - Blitz, Montagne and Clash. Performing a melee attack with the shield equipped will now only injure and down the opponent, instead of killing them.
We would say that such a significant nerf to shield operators has been coming for some time now as many players consider the shield gang game-breaking at times.
However, Ubisoft made it clear that these changes are for testing purposes only and do not have any guaranteed impact on the live-servers. Still, Ubisoft are looking for ways to reduce the effectiveness of these operators, meaning that some sort of nerf is coming soon.
Another notable change comes to poor Glaz, whose popularity vanished since Ubisoft introduced changes to his thermal scope. It looks like the devs noticed that and are looking at ways to return the Russian to his former glory.
They reduced the time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating. Also, the movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds, up from 2.5 seconds.
There are also changes to Echo, Jackal and Maverick and you can see all of them in the list below.
- Hip-fire cone increased. We have standardized the hip-fire penalization when you have a Ballistic Shield equipped.
BALLISTIC SHIELD MELEE
- Performing a melee attack with a Ballistic Shield equipped will now only injure and DBNO the opponent, instead of killing them.
- Reduced Yokai Sonic Burst disorientating effect base duration to 7 seconds (down from 10s).
- Reduced time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating, lowering the overall vision penalty when moving.
- Movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds (up from 2.5s).
- The speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
- Reduced the number of pings from a scan to 4 (down from 5).
- Tracking: Now 20 seconds ping every 4 seconds + ping duration (initial ping + 4 pings).
- Tracking time reduced by 5 seconds. This means that instead of 5 pings (+initial ping) over 25s, it is 4 pings (+initial ping) over 20s.
- Modified breaching torch sound SFX.
- Breaching torch sounds will now be easier to hear when Maverick is making a hole close to you.
- Increased Nøkk's ability duration to 12 seconds and increased the refill timer to 12 seconds.
- With the longer duration, and cooldown, you’ll be able to better leverage her ability.