Dota 2 The International 2019 direct invites have been revealed in semi-official capacity. It was courtesy of Wykrhm Reddy once again - no one knows his actual connection with Valve but everyone knows there is one as his news turn out true.
Dota 2 news usually appear first on Wykrhm Reddy's twitter account and then follow into the rest of the world. This was the case with the reveal of invited teams for The International 2019 as well.
Regional qualifier invites are as follows:
- Southeast Asia (SEA) region will have Mineski and BOOM ID duke it out
- China has four teams competing for a spot at TI9 - EHOME, Royal Never Give Up (RNG), Team Aster and Team Sirius
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region will have Gambit Esports, Natus Vincere, Team Spirit, Team Empire and Winstrike Team
- Europe got two regional qualifier invites in total, The Final Tribe and Chaos
- North America will have J.Storm, Forward, Complexity and Beastcoast
- South America also has four teams with paiN Gaming, Team Ham, Team Anvorgesa and Thunder Predator
When it comes to direct invites, these are the teams split by region:
- Europe: Ninjas in Pyjamas, Red Bull OG, Alliance, Team Liquid and Team Secret
- CIS: Virtus Pro,
- China: Vici Gaming, PSG LGD, Keen Gaming
- North America: Evil Geniuses
- SEA: Fnatic, TNC Predator
These 12 directly invited teams will be joined for the final tournament by six regional winners of the 21 teams mentioned above after the qualifiers that take place from 7 through 14 July 2019, preceded by open qualifiers that are currently going on and will wrap up on 6 July 2019.
The International 2019 itself will begin on 15 August 2019 and wrap up 10 days later, on 25th.
You can keep track of who qualifies through regionals on the official wiki page for The International as well as the forming of groups once the event commences.
Meanwhile, the prize pool is about to go through $26 million with a month and a half to spare, with potential to break Fortnite's $30 million prize pool record.